- What is Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent
- What triggers / Causes Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent
- The symptoms of Ulcerative membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent
- Diagnosis Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent
- Treatment of Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent
- Which doctors should be consulted if You Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent
What is Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent -
Contagiousness is small, sometimes the disease may occur sporadically, but a possible epidemic. During the first world war, the disease was called "trench angina".
The disease occurs mainly in young age when decreased body resistance, weight, General exhaustion (e.g., malnutrition, cachexia caused by cancer, radiation sickness).
What triggers / Causes Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent:
First described in U . Botkin as "Finnish toad". In 1890 N. P. Simanovsky, first described the clinical picture of the disease, and after 8 years C. Plauen and A. Vincent identified the pathogen is a combination of fusiform bacilli and spirochetes of the oral cavity, which can be in the oral cavity in an avirulent condition. In addition to these microorganisms, bacterial study highlights streptococci and staphylococci. In the etiology of the disease play a role carious teeth, Peoria.
The symptoms of Ulcerative membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent:
Often affects one side, but is described and bilateral lesions. The disease begins quietly with embarrassment when swallowing, passing then in pain. Pronounced changes in the throat does not correspond to a General satisfactory condition of the patient. Temperature subfebrile or normal, sore throat at first a little worried, then it becomes quite strong.
When pharyngoscope on the free surface of the tonsils visible film of gray or yellowish-white, like a spot from the stearin candle, round shape, soft consistency, sometimes extending to the front shackle. The film is surrounded by inflammatory rim, the plaque is relatively easy to remove with a cotton swab. After removal of the film reveals a bleeding ulcerated surface yellow with crisp edges.
First, the ulcer surface. If the disease continues for a long time, the ulcer becomes deep, crater shape, then it may spread beyond the tonsil with the involvement of the deeper tissues. Sometimes there is an ulcerative lesion of the mucous oamr-alocci of the gums, accompanied by their loosening, possible involvement of the periosteum and rarely - language.
Regional lymph nodes are enlarged and maloboleznenny. Ulcerative process is accompanied by unpleasant putrid odor from the mouth. In smears from ulcers find symbiosis of fusiform bacilli and spirochetes of the oral cavity. In 10 cases ulcero-membranous angina combined with diphtheria.
Under favorable conditions, the recovery occurs within 1-2 weeks, relapses. However, the disease can take up to several weeks, even without treatment to several months. Upon accession pyogenic infection General condition worsens, fever, increasing pain in the throat when swallowing, unpleasant mouth odor, regional lymph nodes are enlarged.
Diagnosis Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent:
Differential diagnosis. Similar symptoms has the number of diseases:
- lacunar angina-
- diphtheria throat, at which the plaque is located on only one amygdala - data bacteriological examination, ulceration avoid diphtheria
- necrotic angina-
- syphilitic ulcer, which presents difficulties in the differential diagnosis. In both diseases can be struck only one tonsil. Syphilitic ulcers are usually sharply limited, surrounded by steeply infiltrated edges, on the bottom there is a greasy residue. Wasserman confirms the diagnosis
- the tumor, which sometimes manifests itself in the form of the collapse of the amygdala - the diagnosis is established by biopsy-
- tubercular ulcers, which are located on the Palatine arches, the tonsils, the posterior wall of the pharynx, the soft palate ulcers with uneven saped edges, pale pink, the surface is covered with a purulent coating - the diagnosis is confirmed by bacteriological examination-
- secondary angina with acute leukemia also may initially be unilateral - the follicles coalesce and then break up - high body temperature, rapid spread of the necrotic process on the 2-3rd day of the disease, typical changes in the blood.
Treatment of Ulcero-membranous angina Simanovsky-Plauen-Vincent:
Prescribe antibacterial and restorative therapy. Conduct active local treatment: treat the ulcer surface with tincture of iodine, 10 silver nitrate solution, 10 a copper sulfate solution, a solution of 10 newarsenal on the glycerol solution of methylene blue, solution of potassium chloride (1 teaspoon per Cup).
It is recommended to gargle with a solution of potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide solution (2 tablespoons per Cup of water) several times a day.
In resistant cases, sprinkle the ulcer surface newarsenal administered intramuscularly or of Marsena or intravenous novarina (in doses of age-appropriate).
Positive action has to insert several times a day ulcerated surface with powdered sugar or blur 60 sugar syrup due to the changed environment and the creation of unfavourable conditions for the continued existence of pathogens. Appoint non-irritating and rich in vitamins food.