- What is "Acute abdomen" in gynecology
- What triggers / Causes of Acute abdomen in gynecology
- Which doctors should be consulted if You have "Acute abdomen" in gynecology
What is "Acute abdomen" in gynecology -
The umbrella term "acute abdomen" refers to acute pathological processes occurring in the abdominal cavity of different etiology and clinical course. Despite the different causes, symptoms of acute abdomen in gynecology has many features in common:
- the sudden appearance of pain in the midst of perfect health (the patient often can give even an hour of onset of the disease). Pain often starts in the abdomen, gradually increasing and spreading throughout the abdomen can be so severe that cause syncope
- nausea, vomiting-
- violation of discharge of intestinal gas and feces (children often get diarrhea).
- the symptoms of peritoneal irritation.
What triggers / Causes of Acute abdomen in gynecology:
Causes of the acute abdomen in gynecology can be divided into 3 groups:
- acute intra-abdominal hemorrhage (broken ectopic pregnancy, ovarian apoplexy)-
- poor circulation in the internal genitals (the torsion tumors and tumor-like formations of the ovary, torsion and/or necrosis of the myoma node)-
- acute inflammatory diseases of internal genital organs with involvement of the peritoneum.
All diseases with a picture of acute abdomen require immediate hospitalization, correct and timely diagnosis and emergency care.
Which doctors should be consulted if You have "Acute abdomen" in gynecology: