Headaches in folk medicine used the following plants: anise, birch buds and leaves, Basil, Boudreau, Dubrovnik, St. John's wort, centaury, nettle, peppermint, balm, dandelion, parsley, wormwood, rosemary, chamomile, Rue, raspberries and blueberries (juice), calendula, violet spring and fragrant, thyme (thyme), nightshade, Tripoli, burdock, oat extract, Golden rod, cumin, sandy, yellow gentian, parsley, mistletoe knotweed, etc. Usually such listing provide traditional reference books on herbal medicine and folk medicine, but to find the right complex is very difficult even for an expert. I've developed a classification of plants used for headache, mechanism of action. They are divided into the following groups:
- antispasmodics: rosemary, mint, parsley, Basil, Boudreau, anise, Dubrovnik, Rue, mistletoe, sage, thyme-
- bitterness and tonic: gentian, St. John's wort, burdock, knotweed, mugwort, Tripoli, dandelion, oats, common ivy, onions, calendula
- sedative (calming): Valerian, St. John's wort, mint, mistletoe, calendula
- choleretic: Helichrysum, Golden rod, knotweed, mint, birch leaves and buds, dandelion
- anti-inflammatory calendula, St. John's wort, chamomile, sage, violet-
- diuretics, decongestants: knotweed, Golden rod, birch buds.
The specific method of treatment depends on the type of headache. Thus, migraine is known Yugoslav healer Dragoslav Zivotic recommended 2 treatment herbs for 10 days.
I course. During the first course use the following collect:
Infusion: Golden rod, marigold, nettle leaf, peppermint, leaves and flowers of centaury - 1 glass, stir, pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist 2 hours, strain. Drink 1 Cup before meals 3 times a day. The rest you can drink during the day, sweetened with honey.
II course. The second only to be consumed within 10 days of concentrated extract of Helichrysum.
Infusion: 3 tablespoons immortelle pour 3 cups of boiling water for 1-5 hours, strain and sweeten with honey. Drink 1 glass before meals.
During both courses of treatment (20 days) it is advisable to apply on the sore spot head compress of herbs.
Compress: 4 tablespoons of ivy leaves, rosemary, Hypericum, calendula pour 1 liter wine vinegar, to insist 2 hours, strain. Put a thick mass on a linen cloth and apply to the affected area of the head for 2 hours Then leave to absorb for 5 minutes the same place plum tincture.
Phytotherapy in the treatment of headache and other articles on alternative medicine.
Use also the search for information in all sections of medicine